Training & Consultancy
Autism and ADHD are complex disabilities often misunderstood and not immediately apparent. With improved understanding and practical strategies, your staff will be better equipped to promote inclusion, offer life-changing leisure opportunities to children young people and to inspire parents/carers with confidence. We offer a needs assessment prior to training in order to design realistic, practical examples to promote successful inclusion within a variety of settings.
Our training is interactive and fun and we aim to promote the understanding of Autistic Spectrum Disorders and ADHD whilst enabling professionals to manage and cope in their own unique situations.
Length of course (options available):
- Half day training
- Full day training – 1 to 3 days
- Twilight sessions
- Inset training
- Parent Courses (6 x 2 hour weekly sessions for 12 parents)
- Parent Workshops (2-3 hour topic related sessions)
Training can be delivered in a variety of different ways and locations. We offer the following as examples of training packages available which can also be adapted and tailor-made to suit individual training requirements.
- Understanding ADHD and Co-morbidities
- Understanding Autism
- Sensory issues
- Understanding Behaviour
- Social Communication Difficulties
- Dietary information
- Effective tools and interventions
- Classroom interventions
- Understanding the role of medication
- Understanding Girls
- Visual Supports
- Social Stories/Comic Strip and Power Cards
- Increase understanding of Autism, Asperger Syndrome and ADHD
- Learn tried and tested practical strategies to promote successful inclusion in leisure settings
- Learn how to overcome social and communication difficulties
- Understand how to promote positive behaviour and reducing challenging behaviour
- Improve parental confidence in a leisure provider’s ability to include
- Experience individually-tailored learning for different leisure settings
- Anyone involved in the care and education of children. This can be in educational settings, leisure settings such as swimming pools, community centres, youth clubs and groups, leisure and sports centres, play-schemes, Extended Schools, Children’s Centres etc.
Training is an important element of our work and can undertake training at all levels for all aspects of Autism & ADHD to meet your needs and for groups of any size. We have recently been involved in a variety of training situations for the statutory services, education, health, leisure centres, the emergency services, employment services and the police.
For more information please contact:
ADD-vance on 01727 833963
Registered as a charity in England and Wales (1158968) © The ADD-vance ADHD and Autism Trust 2015